Union Home Minister Amit Shah today began his 3-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir to review security situations in the Union Territory. Lieutenant Governor of Srinagar Manoj Sinha and other senior officials of Jammu and Kashmir were present at the airport to receive the Union Home Minister.
This is the first time,after abrogation of Article 370 and bifurcation of the erstwhile state, when Home Minister Amit Shah has visited Jammu and Kashmir. Here, know about the details of Shah’s visit to the Union Territory:
Schedule of Amit Shah
- Amit Shah will chair a security review meeting at Raj Bhawan, Srinagar at 12:30 PM.
- He will hold interactions with Jammu and Kashmir Youth Clubs at 4:30 PM.
- At 6 PM, he will inaugurate the first ever direct flight between Srinagar and Sharjah, UAE.
Security Arrangements ahead of Shah's visit
- Ahead of his visit, the local police of J&K had put in aerial surveillance cover for the areas where minorities in Srinagar live and the city centre, Lal Chowk.
- 50 Central Reserved Police Force (CRPF) teams have been deployed in Jammu and Kashmir to ensure security and safety.
- Drones were tested by Police and CRPF in Pratap Park area, Srinagar ahead of Home Minister’s visit to Srinagar.
- The officials informed that Bunkerd manned by CRPF have come up in Srinagar and several other parts of Kashmir Valley.
After The targeted killings of non-locals and Kashmiri Pandits in Jammu and Kashmir, around 700 people have been detained in the Union Territory. A total of 26 detained are being shifted to Central Jail, Agra from Jammu and Kashmir under the Public Safety Act 1978.