Pregnancy can be an intense experience for any woman. Specifically the second trimester can bring a lot of physical, mental and emotional changes. So let’s look at some yoga asanas that you should give a try if your are expecting:
- Place your left foot in the front and the other leg will go toward the back of your mat
- Now keep the front leg firmly in the ground and heel to the floor and turn the toes at a 45-degree angle.
- Now bend your front leg from the knee so the body weight is equally distributed on the thighs.
- Now change the leg and repeat.
- Helps increase stamina
- Alleviates backache during pregnancy
- Develops balance and stability
- Place your hands and knees on the ground.
- Place the wrists parallel below to your shoulders and your knees aligned with the hips.
- Now take your head up and bend the waist inwards, breathe in and hold.
- Slowly pull the waist upwards to make a hump and bring the hair inwards. Hold and breathe out.
- Helps regulate breath
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Improves flexibility
- Calming pose and good stress buster
Supine Spine twist
- Lie down on the mat in the supine line position and bend the knees so that your soles are on the floor.
- Press into your feet to lift your hips slightly off the floor and shift them about an inch to your right. This is an important step because it sets your hips up to stack one on top of the other when you move into the twist.
- While breathing out, twist your upper body towards right while ths legs stay firm on the ground.
- Now inhale and come back slowly.
- Repeat on the other side
- It aids in digestion
- It improves spinal mobility